I started blogging circa 2004. Apart from my slightly poor grammar skills then, my mind was very different at the time. And this cringy writing style went on for about 5ish more years. I threw away majority of my previous journal entries out of shame 😆 . But some made it to the cut, like this one, just something to laugh at or roll eyes with.
“Speed dating gives hope to the hopeless… and opportunities to the needy!”
– Chaka Bells
As my love life gets boring, HP stepped up and played Cupid to the single ladies who love spontaneity and adventure.
Armed with my new makeup and excitement, I headed to Greenhills with my other fabulous friend Rica, who on the contrary, was unarmed with the same excitement and courage as mine.
As we enter Club Filipino, someone introduced us to this cute guy friend who was fortunately joining the speed dating, but sad to say, was flanked with a pretty girl (whom instantly I thought as a competition). Ok fine, when I saw this girl, my confidence level dropped down to zero. I wonder why I’m here.
As we entered the room, my confidence level again dropped to negative. I suddenly felt so ugly. But what the hell, I was there to have fun so I stopped thinking that ugly thing for the whole duration of the evening since it might just ruin the fun.
It was time. Ladies were now signaled to be on their respective numbered places. So there, my place was in a high table with no chair. Standing. I was wearing my high heeled boots that time and it would definitely ruin my already damaged legs.
Here’s the summary and some notes maybe,
1. I was really overwhelmed by the many gorgeous men (I think I favored about 60% of the guys in my cards). How sad, on my previous posts, I was complaining about men shortage. But in this event… I guess, I had a lot to choose from.
2. Its always physical. To me it’s already a yes when I saw the next guy approaching and I found him cute. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! The future self is again laughing at the past-self.
3. I forgot their names! Of the many guys that I favor of, I forgot the names. It would definitely help if I had an extra paper for the notes, or just probably writing the names on the side of my card. In the first half of the dates, I remember the names, but as someone cuter comes along, I then began to forget the previous cute one.
4. The guys that I like aren’t old. Their ages range from 23-27.
5. It was kind of tiring. You’ll feel haggard near the end since you have to maintain the spontaneous-ness so the guys wouldn’t feel that you’re a boring and lousy talker. Drinking water definitely helped. The future self is very disappointed.
6. So here are the people behind my “yes”: Nope, I just removed them from here to protect their identities!
At the last parts, I could recall that I was still having vacancies. I think the guys and the numbers began to get confused since some left earlier and did not even bother to tell the organizers. While the 5 minutes was running and I was left with no partner (because the guy who was supposed to be my date for that time was busy looking for me), at the dimmed lights, I began to think…damn… I thought I was sure with this date(s). That I wouldn’t miss out someone or someone wouldn’t ever miss me… but well, even there, I was left vacant for some time, and alone, just staring at the candles and discreetly listening to the conversations of the couples near me.
I was having fears that most of the guys would probably say no to me. See, my confidence really dropped. But I think I was still carried away with the talking so I hope my personality impressed them. The results will be released on Monday via email. Damn it. Now it gets really scary to me.
But over-all, it’s just for plain fun, no “heart” feelings.
Leave a Reply